Monday, January 15, 2007

A while back I graduated from college with my BFA in furniture design. Since then I've been able to get a little taste of what the market in my home town is like for that sort of thing....

Right now I'm doing event and wedding photography. If that tells you anything. I do miss having more time to devote to woodworking. Oh, how I miss my hand tools, I cannot count the ways. It would take too long. Even the callouses on my hands are sad, they haven't held a plane in at least a month or two.

Having said all that I wanted to share some of my work with the world. Most of this work is focused on elegant design and proportions rather than high concept. I just wasn't ready for that sort of thing when I made most of these pieces, I'm heading there now though.

I recently had a discussion with two current Herron students and shared with them something troubling. Despite the fact that I've been out of school for around 8 months or so, I still have nightmares that I've forgotten a project and it's due the next day. They were of course dismayed, both hoping those dreams would go away after school was over. Wrong, we are scarred for life!

Hail to the wood workers for when all is burned and gone... they will make us swanky new stuff!

0 comments:

Post a Comment