Tuesday, May 22, 2007



I'll soon be a member of the Photo Venture Camera Club. Now why would I do that?

It presents and interesting opportunity. I've already had all the classical photography training I can stomach for the next few years, I'm not interested in attending so I can learn how to use my meter better or how to compose a landscape photo. What I'm really interested in is interacting with other photographers in a field that is inherently isolated. Photography is generally a solitary endeavor, and professional photography is often an aggressively competitive field. The aspect of returning a certain social collaberation to my photographic endeavours is appealing.

I've often believed teaching others how to do something is one of the best ways to further your own understanding and give rise to fresh thought processes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment